Victim of Police misconduct? Click here

Colonial Heights Pedestrian Accident Attorney

Pedestrian Accident Attorney in Colonial Heights 

Are you a pedestrian who has been hit by a motor vehicle or cyclist? Between the pain and shock, you are probably wondering what is going to happen next. You know you need to get medical care, file a police report, and make an insurance claim, but you don’t know how and don’t know what else you need to do. The Colonial Heights pedestrian accident lawyers of Commonwealth Law Group can help you make all of the right moves.

Our legal team of Virginia personal injury attorneys knows how to guide you as you get you back on your feet after a pedestrian accident. We can help you get the medical care you need and negotiate with the insurance companies for money to cover your care. If you’ve been in a pedestrian accident near Colonial Heights, contact our legal team for a free consultation today.

Get Started

How a Pedestrian Injury Lawyer Can Help You

Say you legally entered a crosswalk on Route 301, expecting traffic to give you the right of way. Most cars stopped, as required by law. But one driver didn’t even slow down, striking you as you attempted to cross the road.

At Commonwealth Law Group, we see pedestrian accidents like this in Colonial Heights frequently. You aren’t responsible for the pain you are suffering, but the hospital is still sending you bills. You may not know how you will pay the doctor you need for continuing care. Our legal team can help you get the compensation you deserve.

We will take over communication with the insurance companies and police to remove as much stress from the accident as we can. Our investigators will work to uncover the evidence in your case and force the insurance companies to fairly settle your claim. We’ll even communicate with your medical professionals to try to delay the bills they are sending you. All you need to do is schedule your free consultation with Commonwealth Law Group today.


What Should I Do After a Pedestrian Accident?

The first thing to do after being in an accident is to get immediate medical care. Don’t worry about costs until you are certain that you are safe. Once you have done that, contact the Commonwealth Law Group and speak with a Virginia pedestrian lawyer. As soon as we take your case, we’ll immediately work to get you the money you deserve for your pain, suffering, and expenses.

What Are Common Injuries in a Pedestrian Accident?

Almost all pedestrian accidents involve a car striking a pedestrian. This usually results in injuries like:

  • Broken bones
  • Head injuries
  • Road rash
  • Spine injuries, possibly leading to paralysis
  • Scarring
  • Wrongful death

Most of these injuries are serious enough to require hospitalization and will probably prevent you from working, at least temporarily. A Colonial Heights personal injury lawyer will help you get the compensation you need to pay for your legal bills and make up for lost income.

How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit?

According to the Code of Virginia, you have two years from the date of an action to file a personal injury lawsuit for damages. If you aren’t sure whether you are within the statute of limitations for filing a lawsuit, speak with your pedestrian accident lawyer from Commonwealth Law Group. We are familiar with the intricacies of the law and can ensure that you meet all statutory deadlines.

Who Is Liable for a Pedestrian Accident?

Just like with accidents between two vehicles, liability in a pedestrian accident can be difficult to determine. The driver of a car does have a certain amount of responsibility to watch out for and avoid pedestrians, even if they aren’t legally traveling on the road. But pedestrians also have a responsibility to walk safely. Oftentimes, both parties have some level of responsibility, making fault tricky to determine.

Your Commonwealth Law Group pedestrian injury lawyer will gather all available evidence to determine who is more at fault. If our attorneys determine that the driver is at fault and that you should receive compensation for the accident, we will aggressively fight to get you every dime you deserve.

Can I Seek Legal Action If an Insurance Company Has Offered Me a Settlement?

Yes. You are not required to accept the offer from an insurance company, especially if you think you are getting a lowball offer to make the claim go away quickly. Always speak with a Colonial Heights pedestrian lawyer before accepting any settlement offer from an insurance company. If it is a bad offer, your lawyer will inform you, and you can file a lawsuit to get the money that you deserve.

Where Can I Find a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Near Me?

Clients near Colonial Heights have trusted our legal team for years. We have recovered millions of dollars from insurance companies for our clients. This money has helped restore the health of clients by giving them the funds to pay for medical treatment and post-accident support. If you need money to recover from a pedestrian accident, our pedestrian accident attorneys are here to help you.

Recover from a Virginia Pedestrian Accident with the Help of a Pedestrian Accident Attorney

It is extremely difficult to deal with insurance companies when you are recovering from a broken leg or recuperating in a hospital bed. You are at your most vulnerable, and the insurance companies understand the system better than you do. Rather than risk letting pain or discomfort push you into making a bad financial decision, trust Commonwealth Law Group to fight for your best interests. We care about both your physical and financial health and always fight zealously to get you the compensation you deserve.

If you have been injured in a pedestrian accident, get the help you need today. Contact the Colonial Heights personal injury lawyers at Commonwealth Law Group, and schedule a free consultation immediately.

“Great law group. Everyone was kind and down to earth. Made me feel like I was their only client. Very attentive to me and my case.”

Karen Jacobs

If you have been injured at work or through the negligence of another individual or entity, contact us at (804) 999-9999 or or use the form below to connect with our legal team. We will fight to get you the justice you deserve.